Application Deadline: December 1st 2018
University of British Columbia International Leader of Tomorrow Award 2019/2020 for study in Canada (Fully Funded)
The University of British Columbia International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The value of your International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need. Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Applications for the 2018/19 academic year are now closed. Information on how to apply for the 2019/20 academic year will be available on October 1, 2018.
- December 1, 2018: Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
- January 31, 2019: Meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.
For More Information: