2019/2020 University of Utrecht Excellence Scholarships in Netherlands for Undergraduate and Masters Studies. – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline: 31 January 2020 (23:59 CET),
Every year, approximately 1,500 international students come to the university to take English-taught degree programmes and other courses. Students work and study closely together, learning to operate in an international environment from the outset. This is essential for scientists and scholars in our increasingly globalised world.
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class:
an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of 1 September, 2020. Not all programmes participate, please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity;
- The international master’s programme at Utrecht University is not a Distance Learning/Online Programme;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be
necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies
and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the
Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation
Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
Number of scholarships
20-25 scholarships will be available for 2020-2021, distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as
evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades,
test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s
programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills,
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to apply
After submitting an application for the Master’s programme,
non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for an
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November.
You will need to upload the following document:
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class:
an official document issued by your university that proves you are
among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed
and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking
For More Information: