2020 DAAD sponsored KWTRP/IDeAL – Strathmore University PhD in Health Care Management – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline:Friday 31st January 2020 at 5.00pm East African Time.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), in collaboration with the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program (KWTRP) and Strathmore University’s Institute of Healthcare Management, are offering DAAD In-Country/In-Region Ph.D. Scholarships for year 2020. This scholarship is available to the citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa who have a Masters degree qualification with above average (at least Second Class/Upper division) results.
- Applications Deadline: 31st January 2020
- Course Level and Subject: Ph.D. in Healthcare Management
- They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDEAL.
- Nationality: Citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Number of Awards: Up to 5 scholarships available.
- Award: The winners will receive:
- The award includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates and some contribution towards research costs. Please note that this is not a fully-funded position, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the program information sheet.
- The successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from Strathmore and KWTRP.
- Duration: PhD-scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted. The maximum period for the PhD is three years.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also
a) encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 3 up to 6 months.
Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship and can only be awarded if the necessary financial means are available.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- A monthly scholarship payment for living costs
- Health/accident/personal liability insurance
- A flat-rate travel allowance
b) invited to apply for different Summer Schools in Germany (four weeks).
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
- Eligible Countries: Students of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must meet following eligibility criteria:
- Be a national of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must have a Masters degree qualification with above average results.
- Must have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the PhD program or official letter assuring admission.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications for these opportunities are will be managed jointly by IDeAL and Strathmore University.
Please fill in this KWTRP online PhD application form. You can edit the application form many times as you wish. However, the information submitted at the lapse of the deadline will be considered as the final submission.
In addition to filling in the form, Upload the following as a single document (under upload CV), name the file with your initial and surname as follows – if you are John Doe – filename will be jdoe_DAAD_CV
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at (http://europass.cedefop.Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- 2 recommendation letters from a previous university or universities
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- If available, information on the recognition of you university degree
certificates by the Kenyan Commission for University Education country
- Copy of the identity card or passport
- If applicable, information on the UNHCR registration as refugee
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (include name and title of proposal
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal (10-15 pages), including detailed work and time table (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”). Additionally, a word format of the proposal (10-15 pages) has to be submitted to the institution for plagiarism check.
Applications should be submitted no later than Friday 31st January 2020 at 5.00pm East African Time.
Once the deadline lapses a number of candidates will be shortlisted based on their suitability for the PhD programme. If you are shortlisted your will be expected to submit the documents below before being invited for a face-face or teleconference interview.
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Letter of admission to Strathmore/commitment to admit
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
For More Information: