DAAD/Uni Leipzig Project Development for Knowledge Transfer 2020 Summer School Scholarships for Developing Countries (Fully Funded to Leipzig, Germany ) – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2020, 23:59 Central European Time.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), with financing provided by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), supports academic qualification measures for individuals from developing countries who participate in the In-Country / In-Region Programme.
One aim of this programme is to improve the teaching and research conditions in the partner countries in the long term and strengthen their higher educational structures on site. In order to do so, DAAD offers in cooperation with the international SEPT program (Small Enterprise Promotion and Training) located at Leipzig University, Germany, an intensive one-month training workshop – Project development for knowledge transfer – on topics related to the improvement of teaching skills and personal development in this field.
At the heart of the entire programme is an individual project idea which participants are required to include already in their application. A provided canvas enables the applicant to further develop their ideas over the course of the training program. Course content will always reflect on and relate to these projects.
The training course will be open for students on Master´s level or PhD students of all disciplines. Especially welcome are students from economics and social sciences. It will focus on four key areas:
- Participatory Teaching Methods
- Academic Writing and Research Project Development
- Innovation Management
- Entrepreneurship Promotion
The training course will take place in Leipzig, Germany during the month of September 2020 (29/08/2020 – 27/09/2020).
The training is targeting advanced students on Master or PhD level of all disciplines from developing countries. The programme is especially of interest to those who have an interest in setting up their own business or implementing their own ideas as development projects.
The key criteria are:
- Applicants are current scholarship holders of the DAAD’s In-Country/In-Region Programme, as of 1 January 2020 (if your scholarship expires before or starts after that date, participation is not possible).
- Applicants should hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable.
- The provision of international experience will be considered an asset.
During the training participants will be guests of Leipzig University. Following expenses will be covered by DAAD:
- Course costs 4.500 €.
- Travel costs: Flight (Economy class) to and from Germany and ground travel to and from Leipzig according to maximum reimbursement rates depending on the country of origin.
- Your stay will be financed with 1.200 € total (accommodation in gender divided shared apartments as well as partial living costs will be covered by this amount). The accommodation will be very central in Leipzig in apartments with 3 to 5 people each. In the apartments you will find double rooms. The apartments come with kitchens so you can prepare your own food if you wish. You will be able to use the university library if you need to work after class.
- You will be invited to participate in a number of joint meals.
- A local transportation ticket for Leipzig will be provided.
- Visa costs – For those of you who have to pay the visa fees, you will have to pre-finance the visa fee but it will be reimbursed in Germany based on the original receipt.
- Emergency health, accident and liability insurance – Please note: In some cases part of the cost of treatment is at your own expense. Especially dental treatment is not fully covered. Coverage with regard to pregnancy related issues is very limited.
Application Requirements and Process
Strict closing date of the application is March 1st, 2020, 23:59 Central European Time.
To apply for the training, the below steps need to be followed:
- Submission of application via the online application form.
- Submission of documents via email (pdf files) to the programme coordinator robert.meyer(at)uni-leipzig.de. The subject of the Mail should be “Application Summer School 2020 – Name Surname”. Please name the files as indicated in brackets in this list. Kindly use name and surname as indicated in your passport. The project idea canvas and a sample of the Letter of endorsement can be downloaded from the webpage listed under step 1.
- Project Idea Canvas – using the form provided on the above webpage. (Please name this file as Canvas_Name_Surname)
- Letter of endorsement from PhD supervisor (for PhD candidates) or leader of degree programme (for Master study candidates) with date, seal and signature – using the form provided on the above webpage. (Please name this file as Endorsement_Name_Surname)
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page) outlining which role you think the training will play for your professional career. (Please name this file as Motivation_Name_Surname)
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate) is considered an asset. Should a proof of English proficiency not be provided together with application, shortlisted candidates will need to participate in a telephone interview. (Please name this file as English_Name_Surname)
- Copy of passport. (Please name this file as Passport_Name_Surname)
For More Information: