Dutch MFA/One Young World Enterprise for Peace Scholarship 2020 (Fully Funded to pre-Summit programme in The Hague, the Netherlands & One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany) – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline: 9:00AM GMT, 29 MARCH 2020.
One Young World and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs seek to help young people gain skills to create sustainable job opportunities focusing on education and the future of work.
The One Young World Enterprise for Peace programme provides a platform to highlight the potential of young leaders as a solution to fostering prosperous and peaceful societies.
Underemployment and the lack of employment opportunities for young people is considered as one of the most significant socio-economic and security challenges we face. The consequences for young people to build a prosperous future are far-reaching, but wider communities can also suffer from the possible effects of high levels of youth unemployment; namely poverty, violent extremism, political instability, drugs and crime.
The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) prioritises improving young people’s prospects in a number of developing countries and fragile states by supporting local entrepreneurs and job creation. The MFA will collaborate with One Young World to provide scholarships for 50 delegates to participate in One Young World Munich 2020.
The focus of this scholarship is around creating youth employment opportunities for prosperous and peaceful societies. The initiative will have the following objectives:
- Empowering young leaders to create sustainable job opportunities in selected regions.
- Leveraging the potential of young people as widely as possible for job creation and highlight their potential as a solution to fostering prosperous and peaceful societies.
- Raising awareness of youth unemployment opportunities and sharing best practice.
- Aged 18 – 34 by date of the pre-programme and One Young World Summit 2020: 12-17 October.
- Demonstrate active engagement in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar role
- Nationals and residents in one of the following countries:
- Algeria, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda
- A working understanding of English. Both the One Young World Summit and the pre-Summit programme will be in English.
- Access to the pre-Summit programme of the Netherlands MFA on Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 October 2020 in The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Access to the One Young World Summit from Wednesday 14 to Saturday 17 October 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis in The Hague and Munich.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during the One Young World Summit and the pre-Summit programme in the Netherlands.
- Transportation between the One Young World Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Air travel to the Netherlands, coach to Munich and air travel from Munich back to country of destination.
- Profiling in various media outlets.
- Schengen visa costs are covered (based on reimbursement post-Summit).
Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- An evidenced commitment to creating positive impact through (social) entrepreneurship in their communities
- Proven leadership ability (role models) in their communities
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
For More Information: