King Baudouin Foundation Grants 2019 for students from developing countries studying in Belgium
Application Deadline: October 22nd 2019
The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund supports sustainable water management in developing countries, among others by financing on-the-spot internships for students from developing countries who are studying in Belgium.
The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund
takes into consideration an integrated approach to water management that
includes technical and/or sociological aspects.
The internship will take place in a developing country (the student’s country of origin or another country). It will be tied to a master’s thesis or an equivalent, and under the responsibility of the Belgian academic institution where the student is studying.
Students from developing countries who are pursuing a master’s
level degree (master’s, specialisation master’s or a second bachelor’s
degree) that is linked to water management.
The grant will cover the expenses inherent to the internship, up to a maximum of € 5,000.
The internship, which should last 1 to 2 months, must take place between December 2019 and the end of August 2020. Ten grants shall be awarded.
- Objective. The internship is linked to the access to water or its management in developing countries and must be clearly part of the subject of the candidate’s end of year project.
- Pertinence. The work undertaken by the candidate at local level and the results that emanate from this, deal with important local issues.
- Capabilities. The budget requested must match the candidate’s needs. He/She must have sufficient resources to complete the internship under the required conditions.
- Originality. The approach chosen by the candidate for his internship or the framework within which he is going to work have an innovative side. They are, in a certain way, different from the usual approaches or frameworks.
- Impact. What will be realized during the internship brings real added value to the scientific approach that supports the end of year thesis. .
How to submit your application
- How to submit an application form online? View video
- Download the annex(es) that have to be completed for your application form
- If you are not very familiar with computers: 02-500 4 555 or [email protected].
- The King Baudouin Foundation of course complies with privacy legislation in this area.
For More Information: