Kings College London Africa International PGR Scholarships 2021/2022 for PhD Students (Fully Funded) – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline: 30 June 2021
Kings College London Africa International PGR Scholarships: Three (3) full scholarships available for 2021/22 entry, to support international students from Africa to undertake full-time doctoral research degrees (PhD) at King’s College London.
Do you have research interests that relate to Africa?
Could you take an interdisciplinary approach to your research?
Applications are invited from international students from Africa for three full scholarships to undertake a full-time PhD at King’s College London starting in 2021/22. Funding is available for up to 4 years.
The topic of the PhD must clearly be relevant to the continent of Africa.
Interdisciplinary projects are especially encouraged, and all projects must fall at the intersection of two or more of the following themes or disciplines:
- Conflict, Peace and Security: King’s is world renowned for the study of violent conflict, peace, and security. The School of Security Studies and the School of Global Affairs provide a range of programmes of relevance to Africa, with the African Leadership Centre offering particular focus on leadership studies at the security-development nexus. Further info:
- Global Health: Students in this discipline are exposed to a unique international and interdisciplinary context covering broad areas such as healthcare partnerships, global surgery, palliative care, maternal health, global health governance and policy, mental health, ageing, cancer, oral health and mucosal biology, diabetes and other conditions, conflict and health, migration and health, environment and health. Further info:
- Development: The study of development at King’s cuts across a range of disciplines with particular concentration in the School of Global Affairs including, development studies with reference to emerging economies in the Department of International Development; environment and development with a potential to examine disasters and adaptation in the Department of Geography; leadership and development at the African Leadership Centre. Further info:
- Digital Technology: Students in this discipline undertake research into new and emerging internet technologies in the Faculty of Natural and Mathematical Sciences; and the different ways in which digital technologies and methods are transforming society in King’s pioneering Department of Digital Humanities. Further info:
The Scholarship covers:
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2021/22, this was set at £17,285)
- Full international tuition fees
- Research Support Grant: up to £5k/year, depending on the research project
- Be African nationals and permanently resident in the relevant country;
- Be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate;
- Plan to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London in the 2021-22 academic year (from October 2021 and by no later than June 2022);
- Plan to conduct research that is relevant to Africa, at the intersection of two or more of the given themes or disciplines, as described in the ‘Award Details’ section;
- Have applied to King’s College London for the scholarship (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below) by the given deadlines;
- Secure an admission offer for an MPhil/PhD programme at King’s by 30 June 2021.
- Existing doctoral degree students are not eligible to apply;
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis;
- Professional doctorate degrees are not eligible;
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible;
- The scholarship cannot commence prior to October 2021.
Please refer to the ‘Conditions & Regulations of Funding 2021-22’ document for details about the terms and conditions – See attached under ‘Terms and conditions’.
|30 April 2021||– Deadline to submit a full admissions application via King’s Apply|
|30 June 2021 (23:59 GMT)||– Deadline to add the specified funding code AND submit a completed ‘Africa International PGR Scholarships 2021-22 Form’ to your admissions application via King’s Apply;– Deadline to secure an admission offer.|
|End of July 2021||– Announcement of Decisions|
For More Information: