National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) 2020– Financial Assistance to Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa.
Application Deadline: November 30th 2019
Applications for the NSFAS funding of the 2020 academic year are now open. You will need the following to complete your funding application.
The South African Government is aware most households struggle to pay the hefty academic costs for their kids to complete their desired qualifications. This is why the National Student Financial Aid scheme (NSFAS) is tasked with ensuring that no deserving student is barred from achieving their dreams due to their poor financial background. NSFAS administers funding for potential professionals from poor and working-class families who can’t afford study fees on behalf of the Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology.
- Any South African citizen who is currently studying or plans on studying at a public university or TVET college.
- The combined household income of the applicant who has registered at a public institution from 2018or plans to register in 2020 for the first time must not exceed R350 000 per annum
- The combined household income of an applicant who has registered prior to 2018 must not exceed R122 000 per annum
- The combined household income of persons with disabilities must not exceeding R600 000 per annum
You will need the following supporting documents to apply:
All applicants are required to submit:
- Certified copy of your ID, not older than 3 months
- A signed and completed consent form
For More Information: