Sanlam Actuarial Bursaries 2020/2021 for young South Africans – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline: June 30th 2020
The Sanlam Personal Finance (SPF) cluster is responsible for Sanlam’s retail business in South Africa. SPF provides clients across different market segments (entry-level, middle-income, affluent, professional market and business owners) with a comprehensive range of appropriate and competitive financial solutions. These include traditional life insurance risk and savings products, investment, retirement, health and fiduciary services. Designed to facilitate long-term wealth creation, protection and niche financing, these solutions are engineered around client needs.
Part of our commitment to our trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support is a key ingredient. That is why we offer bursaries to scholars who have enrolled to study Actuarial Science in 2021.
If you are a South African citizen, whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- General allowance (Books and pocket money)
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Final 2019 Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year 2020 results as well as NBT results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- Comprehensive CV focusing on Academics, Extra-mural activities and Leadership skills
- Final grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
How to Apply:
Please apply on-line and attach the following documentation:
- Comprehensive CV as indicated,
- Certified copy of your ID,
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results,
- Motivation to support your application.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Sanlam Actuarial Bursaries 2020