South African-German Centre for Development Research (SA-GER CDR) Masters & PhD Scholarships/Internships 2020/2021 for African Students (Fully Funded to study in South Africa and Germany) – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline: Varying
For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, the DRD – Institute of Development Research and Development offers DAAD merit scholarships per year. The scholarship will be taken at University of the Western Cape, South Africa and while scholarship and internship will be at Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany.
Full scholarships for students
For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record the DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year.
Scholarships are available for full-time students of
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme. More information about requirements for application and application procedure is provided below.
Requirements for application and application procedure
- Scholarship applicants are adviced to carefully read about the specific entry requirements and course application procedure of the programme of their choice. The information is available from the respective programmes sections. In addition to programme requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for your last degree
- Applicants should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
You will have to fill in an electronic application form (ONLY AVAILABLE during open Calls)! Applications not using this e-form can´t be considered! As the e-form can only be submitted once, please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it!
Documents that have to be uploaded when using the e-form are mentioned in the respecitve “How to apply” sections of each programme!
We are unfortunately not able to engage in extended correspondence with applicants.
For additional information on the courses or on registration please write to [email protected]
Scholarships for a study period in Germany
Apart from full scholarships for participation in one of the above mentioned programmes a number of mobility scholarships for Master students are available each year. These scholarships are aimed at funding a study period in Germany. During such a study period abroad scholarship holders can participate in a Summer School at Ruhr-Univeristy Bochum, complete an internship with a German organization working in the field related to their studies or they can visit Ruhr-Univeristy Bochum during the completion phase of their Master Thesis for intensive supervision periods.
It is not necessary to apply for mobility scholarships before starting your studies. The application procedure for mobility scholarships will instead be announced to participants of the cooperating programmes.
For further questions, the CRD coordinators at UWC or RUB can be contacted.
- the MA in Development Studies (next deadline 20th June 2020, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
- the Master in Public Administration (next deadline 30th June 2020, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
- the MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme, next deadline 30 November 2020)
(separate online application platform, access and guidelines via “How to apply” section of the Bochum programme or via the course homepage)
- the different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC) (next deadline 20th June 2020, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)