The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme 2020
Application Deadline: 30 November 2019
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
Eligibility of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- The minimal English standard is TOEFL level C1.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified as Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries according to the DAC-list of the OECD.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
Only candidates who are admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS
programme based on his/her academic and professional qualifications are
considered for a scholarship. Candidates must apply to both (I) a
continuing education programme and (II) to the E4D scholarship.
30 November 2019
Submit your application documentation in one single pdf-file to [email protected].
- CV of the candidate
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to
attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career
development and beyond.
- Two professional references
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing
Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment
letter must be sent to the E4D programme office directly through the
employer (and not the candidate)
Detailed application criteria can be downloaded here (PDF, 193 KB).
For More Information: