The University of Louvain (UCLouvain) PhD Scholarships 2020 for citizens of Developing Countries – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline: 10 April 2020
The University of Louvain (UCLouvain) holds a competition for awarding PhD scholarships to citizens of developing countries. By doing so, UCLouvain hopes to contribute to reinforcing the capacity building in Cooperation for development, but also to create new partnerships between UCLouvain and these partner institutions.
1. Eligibility criteria
To be eligible, the candidate must satisfy ALL of the following criteria:
- Be from a developing country (OECD)
- have the support of at least one UCLouvain faculty member;
- be admitted by the PhD Committee (CDD) to pursue a PhD at UCLouvain or to the Research Certificate Program (PhD in home country institution) in the candidate’s research field;
- be free from any commitment to return to a country that has funded training;
- for students who have already started their doctorate and are enrolled at UCLouvain, not be a scholarship beneficiary.
Developing country citizens who, through their administrative status within the EU, hold Belgian student status based on a residence permit and/or social rights are not eligible.
UCLouvain’s International Action Committee (CAI) selects PhD scholarship beneficiaries on the basis of the following criteria:
- the candidate’s academic credentials (CV, supervisor cover letter, etc.)
- the research project’s scientific attributes (research originality relating to the current state of knowledge in the field of research, feasibility of the research schedule, relevance with the current researches in the host entity);
- the prospects of strengthening capacity building in higher-education context for the applicant’s home country
- the institutional impact (added value for the UCLouvain host entity in terms of the potential for the current and future collaborations with the higher education and the research institutions of the home country)
Recipients receive a UCLouvain PhD scholarship that includes support for no more than 36 months and, if necessary, one or more round-trip airline tickets between the international airport nearest to the recipient’s home country residence and Brussels Airport.
The UCLouvain supervisor submits the candidate’s dossier (application form and annexes) using the application form on 10 April 2020 in a single PDF file at the address: [email protected]
If needed, and regardless of the process of putting together the application, the applicant and his/her supervisor must complete the application procedure to both the subject-specific doctoral committee responsible for the chosen field of research (for UCLouvain PhD Degree) or to the research certificate (Home institution PhD Degree).
For More Information: