Thomson Foundation Journalism Now Scholar competition 2020 (win all expenses paid trip to the 2020 Thomson Foundation summer course in London) – beasiswaonline.com
Application Deadline:Friday 13th December, 2019
The Thomson Foundation Journalism Now Scholar programme is back! Hone your newsgathering, storytelling and multimedia journalism skills in our five-week programme with the help of internationally renowned journalist, Ewen MacAskill.
You will take seven of our CPD-accredited online courses
including Mobile Journalism, Social Media Newsgathering, Journalism
Across Multiple Platforms, and Data Journalism, and will work on one or
more stories that you will publish.
The highest performer will be invited on an all-expenses-paid trip to London to attend the 2020 Thomson Foundation five-week summer course, which includes a mixture of masterclasses, workshops and practical training and a week’s placement at a leading UK media organisation. A small number of top performers will also be acknowledged on our website and social media.
- Know what good journalism looks like and why.
- Improve your newsgathering skills, including social media verification and the use of data journalism techniques.
- Use smartphones to produce multimedia storytelling.
- Engage your audience by making your content engaging and relevant.
- Understand how to optimise your content for your chosen platforms.
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept
the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
In the event they are unable to do so, then Thomson Foundation reserves
the right to select another winner.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries that
are delayed or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any
technical or other reason.
- The prize is subject to a successful visa
application, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable
for cash or other prizes.
- Participants may be required to take part in promotional
activity related to the competition and shall participate in such
activity on Thomson Foundation’s reasonable request. The winner will
consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the participants images,
names and voices for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still
photographs and videos, online, including the websites hosted by Thomson
Foundation), and in marketing and promotional material.
- Thomson Foundation will take care of any personal information
with data protection legislation. By entering the competition, you agree
to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal
information in order to process and contact you about your competition
entry, and for the purposes outlined in the above bullet point.
- Entrants into the competitions shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
What you will need to do, in three steps:
Complete seven Thomson Foundation online courses (you don’t need to re-take a course if you have previously completed it).
Attend or watch the replay of up to four webinars with Ewen MacAskill.
Work on and publish a multimedia story.
For More Information: